just throwin it out there

i've been considering tattoos lately.
it's actually been a few years that this thought has been bouncing around in my head, but i've always lacked the money to do it, and also the confidence.
i don't really deal well with pain.

but i'm thinking about taking the leap.
maybe my graduation present to myself?

it'll be on my left forearm and in french.
and it'll be totally b.a.
and it may or may not have something to do with Jesus, so he probably wouldn't have appreciated me writing out the whole phrase above.

here's some of my inspiration, all found on the beautiful, heavenly, wonderful Pinterest:

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image

the 2nd one down and this last one are my favorites.
i'm in love with this last one.

who knows what will actually come of this.
 ask me in a few months, and i'll let you know if
 i've talked myself into it or freaked myself right out.
i would bet the latter.
-wildchild

9 comments:

Dorothy Explora said...

...if you trust you know what you want, DO IT! it's a different kinda pain. i'd be more scared of a papercut! ahah, that's for real! :)

i love my ink. i want to get started on a few more, but am looking for the right artist whose work i'd be proud to showcase to design my concept!

keep us updated..! totally rad inspiration too!

http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

bethany said...

Awesome! I always thought that if I got a tattoo it would be in French, too. It's just so romantic.

Unfortunately, I am the most fickle girl on the planet. Seriously. I know two days after I got a tattoo, I'd be wishing I got something else. My husband says no, for that reason alone...not because he doesn't like tattoos, but because he doesn't want to listen to me whine about wanting something else for the rest of our lives! :)

But, I love tats that are text in a very calligraphic font, or a typewriter font...like all the ones you chose! :)

Madeline said...

I'm getting one too! On the side of my foot...

Get one with Ben!

HiLLjO said...

I'm not ther person to talk you out of it or into it, as I don't like text tattoos and I am getting a half-sleeve.
Best of luck whichever you decide, dear!

Emily said...

I love all of those. I'm too much of a pansy to get a tat :( Maybe someday when I get the guts haha.

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

I got tattooed for the first time when I was a junior in college. I was so nervous but I had been thinking about it for at least a year. Now two years have passed and I'm making plans to finally add to my piece! You can do it! If you've put the thought into it, the pain is really worth it, you know? My tattoo artist calmed me down by saying, "Would this many people be covered in ink if they really hurt that bad?"

The Egg said...

i love handwritten tattoos. although i'm too scared to get one!

his little lady said...

the second one is my favorite, but i have to say (being the mommy figure that i am) that you just have to remember that tattoos are forever and they aren't so attractive once you get older. okay, now that that's out of the way, i have to say again i love tattoos!
xo TJ

Catherine Fishback said...

I would never get a tattoo myself but when done right, I think they can be very meaningful and cool.

Excited to see what you decide!

XO,
Catherine
FEST

(ps.. following you now!)