my saturday confession

Pinned Image
from here

today is the first saturday i've had alone in a long time.
ever since ben's been home [which was the end of october], saturdays have been spent with him: laying around, going for walks, going on adventures, etc.
but this weekend he's gone for an air force thing, and all of my friends are busy with their boyfriends, doing homework, working, things like that.
so i've had my day to spend as i please.

it sounds nice, and don't get me wrong, it is.
last night i watched so many chick flicks, read more of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and cleaned my room.
all of the [lame] things i want to do every weekend, but never end up having the time.
but it's also lonely.
i got so good at being alone over the past 2 summers when ben was gone:
occupying my own time with bike rides and book reading and visiting friends.
but now, i'm kind of over it.
i've had enough time by myself to last me a lifetime.
i'm a social person, made for interacting with friends, and sharing my life with benny.
i'm going to make the most of today [and i've already started], but i'm counting down the time until ben gets home.
all we're going to do is go over to my dad's to watch the Giants game, but that is enough for me.
sharing my life with my best friend is more than enough for me.

3 comments:

his little lady said...

definitely know how you feel girl. It can be lonely, and with the mister always gone on job interviews and busy with school i'm generally left all by myself. no fun! but just keep pre-occupying yourself with things that you love to do and it will go by quickly!
xo TJ

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

Man, I do the same thing. I used to be really good at having alone time and now I hate it. I get so lonely! Hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend anyway.

Shawna Faye said...

Being alone when your love is away is tough! My hubs was gone a lot the last few years. I ended up making a couple of really good girlfriends to help fill the void.

p.s. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is one of my favorites!