oh love

Blogger is being weird, so for some reason, it pushed this old post to the top of my page. I published this post two summers ago, when Ben was deployed and I was getting ready to go to France for two months. We weren't married yet, or even engaged, but I was dreaming of our wedding day, and it's funny, but nearly everything went exactly how I'd hoped it would go. It's funny how life works out, isn't it?

today is a beautiful day.
the sun is shining, it's currently 77 degrees in Rochester, NY, and i feel cute.
also, b called this morning!!!!
i was in the middle of brushing my teeth, foamy mouth and all, and i hear a random ringtone coming from my purse.
it's him, calling all the way from eastfreak nowhere.
we got to talk the whole time i was driving to work :)
on speaker of course
also, we have a skype date tonight.
so i am doing just fine.

butttt
i've had bad dreams about getting married lately.
so to get rid of those, i'm planting images of
 beautiful, happy weddings in my head.
and i've decided that in my dream wedding, here's how it'd go down:

Lace Dress with LinerLace Dress with Liner

this sweet little lace dress from here

big-easy3sunswept - natural vine crown


60's hippie hair a la here and a pretty flower crown from here


a gorgeous colorful bouquet, like this one from here

and we would read this, by Pablo Neruda:

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way
because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”

then we'd say i do, kiss, and live madly in love ever after.
-wildchild

4 comments:

meg fee said...

and yours would be the wedding i would want to attend. that free spirit kind that can't contain the love.

geez. that pablo neruda--he knew what he was talking about, no?! i can't get enough.

S and O said...

That poem is so beautiful! gave me chills :)
xoxo
Olivia

The Veda House said...

I love gathering beautiful wedding images. That first dress is amazing. I wonder if you have to be a bride to pull it off??

Thanks for sharing!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

That reading is so beautiful. I'd love to incorporate that into my world somehow these days!