seven little Quigley things

*inspired by the ever lovely Elizabeth

1. Valentine's Day was sweet and relaxed, as per usual with us. Ben has been interning at the company I work for, so we snuck off in the middle of the day for a long lunch break at Five Guys, complete with bacon cheeseburgers and delicious fries. He had to leave for night class right when we got home, so I hung up his gift paintings right by his desk and did homework until he got home. He gave me a sweet note and my favorite snacks & we ended the night watching Valentine's Day, the cheesiest movie ever.

2. I've been in a music funk lately. Meg posted a video of The Lone Bellow the other day, so they're on while I type, and I'm digging it. Once this is finished, I'm going to check out Alabama Shakes again, since they were on SNL this weekend. If anyone has some suggestions, I'm all ears.

3. I've joined Vine. Amy convinced me yesterday afternoon and I made my first little video last night. I'm not yet sure how I feel about it, but you can follow along if you'd like. I think my name is @wildchild_jack, like normal? Or it might just be Jackie? New things confuse me.

4. My college roommate came into town this weekend and it was so good to see her. It was a short visit because she lives 5 hours away and only had off for the weekend, but we still had fun. It's nice to see that things don't change even after almost a year. We slipped right back into our routine of drinking too much, making late night mac & cheese, and watching so many movies. She's a good one, that Lacey Blue.

oh, and we had our last kickball game on Saturday, so Ben pulled out the big guns: 
striped footie pj's.
5. One of Ben's Air Force friends works for Southwest Airlines and gave us some Buddy Passes yesterday! That means in the middle of March, we will be headed for Houston to see my sister-and-brother-in-law and my nephew to be! I don't remember if I mentioned it, but Ben's sister is pregnant with her first little baby, due in July, and we are so excited to make the trip down to see them before things get crazy. Even better: it was free. Even even better: it's a guarantee that it will be warmer there than it is here. Our warm blooded bodies can't wait.

6. Target is where it's at for spring clothes. I went in yesterday with this one skirt in mind and found a bunch of dresses while I was at it too. I'm beyond excited for spring to get here. Birds were chirping this morning as we were waking up, so that's a start.

7. Tomorrow, Ben and I are Tennessee bound! I'm headed to a job fair in Memphis and I talked Ben into coming along. It's a 17 hour trip for us, so we got some books on tape for the ride and we're staying with a family friend in Ohio tomorrow night to break the trip up.  I'm also hoping that my antsy self can survive 17 hours in a car there and 17 hours back. That should be interesting. This placement exchange is for exactly the type of job I'd like and I have 7 interviews lined up so far, so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm also nervous. It's a big deal. I'm doing my research and I feel pretty confident in interview situations, but these aren't some little interviews to work at the pizza shop; this is my career. So we'll see. I'd appreciate some prayers & good thoughts, if those are your thing.

That's it! I'm off to pack and get a quick hair cut before settling in to do some research and catch up on The Bach. I hope all of you friends have a wonderful Tuesday night. See you in a week or so.

4 comments:

Justine said...

i LOVE the Alabama Shakes. I'm currently listening to these bands right now: Local Natives, Milo Greene Band, WIld Nothing, the new Passion Pit album, andddd Beach House. Hope you like some of my suggestions :]

choosing{life} said...

Good luck in Memphis!! I'll be praying for safe travels and kick-ass interviews. You'll be great :)

Erica said...

Good luck in Memphis!!

henning love said...

that is pretty cool you have 7 job interviews lined up!! i hope any of them turn into a job offer. and good luck with the 17 hour drive, i would be antsy too during that trip