dreaming of our wedding day

Pinned Image
from here

i made the mistake of calling one of my favorite aunts during my work hours today to catch her up on wedding plans. the catching up part was wonderful, but i can forget about any hopes of getting actual work done this afternoon because it sent me into a tailspin of daydreaming.


i'm dreaming of a simple wedding that's built on love, supportive family, and pretty flowers.

i'm dreaming of a beautiful summer day with the sun shining and a little breeze, just enough to make that july heat bearable.

i'm dreaming of feeling the grass bend beneath my feet when i walk down the aisle towards my almost-husband, because i won't be wearing any shoes under that flowy white dress of mine. i've always felt more like myself when i don't wear shoes.

i'm dreaming of a ceremony full of promises, love, and laughter. and lots of kisses too. we'll never forget about those.

i'm dreaming of running back up the aisle, hand in hand with ben, as our friends and family all clap and cheer because we've done it! we're officially married!

i'm dreaming of a cocktail hour where friends catch up and strangers get comfortable with each other over a drink or two and some yard games.

i'm dreaming of newlywed photos in the glow of summer sun.

i'm dreaming of delicious BBQ food, refreshing ice cream sundaes, and maybe some bibs to keep everyone's fancy clothes spotless.

i'm dreaming of dancing all night with my best friends, the family that has always loved me, the family that i'm now married into, and the man of my dreams, now my husband.

i'm dreaming of the end of the reception, where only a few are left, and we look around and say "we've done it. what a perfect day". i'll kiss my husband, he'll help me into the truck, and we'll drive off in the moonlight, happily anticipating the rest of our lives.

i can't wait for july 13 so i can finally marry the man of my dreams.

6 comments:

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

Aw I'm so happy and excited for you! Your wedding is going to be so special.

HiLLjO said...

HECK YES barefoot!!! OMG I should start a club! BBQ and love sounds great.

PS: CUTE blog layout!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Your wedding sounds absolutely incredible! I can hardly wait for you :)

Unknown said...

just found your blog through long distance loving. I LOVE IT! i am your newest follower :)

Mariel Torres said...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding doll! I just came across your blog thanks to Long Distance Loving and I say that you guys started dating on March 2009 and I got all excited because Sean and I started dating on April 2009... I know, I'm silly hehe.

kisses!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

What a pretty visual...weddings during summer outdoors with your loved ones are the way to go! So dreamy, can't wait to hear all about the progression!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com