our end of summer weekend

I took yesterday off of this little blog because, hey, if the mailman doesn't have to work, neither do I. this is what my glorious long weekend looked like:


on Friday, one of the guys at work felt the need to take the day off to go get married, so we decorated his office in congratulatory pink, naturally.

later Friday night, Ben and I went for some good barbeque food, walked around our cute little town, and watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother. it was a good summer night.
Saturday, my friend Jess got married! 
she is such a sweetheart and their wedding was super adorable, as expected.
I 'd volunteered Ben and I to bartend the party, but since Ben was gone doing Air Force things, my friend Molly helped me out. if you ever need a drink mixed up, lemme know cause that job is so.much.fun.
lazy Sunday morning, writing love notes in my cards to hide around the house.
 and a productive Sunday [nerdy] afternoon, working on our budget once Ben came home. 
Sunday night, we took advantage of having the next day off and we went out with friends, which always ends in going back to their place for darts. the boys are obsessed.
Monday was such a beautiful day, so we went to the Rochester Red Wing's last home game of the season.
 we scored free tickets from some nice guy in line, ate ballpark food [including delicious fresh lemonade and some Dippin' Dots, obviously] and got what will probably be our last tan lines of summer.

the rest of Sunday included going to see my brother and his fiancee's new house that they just moved into, a bike ride along the canal, and naturally, more HIMYM. we gotta finish season 7 before the new season premiere!

I hope you all had an awesome Labor Day weekend too. Happy September!

5 comments:

Janna Lynn said...

Love the pics! Sounds like a fun weekend! :-)

Alexis said...

It looks like you had such a fun weekend! Congratulations to your friend, her wedding looked beautiful!

Unknown said...

what great pics girl! congrats to your friend jess-looks like a lovely wedding! mmm and i saw that you lked lattes! we just became bffs ;) love your blog by the way :) cant wait to read more!

trishie said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend. The wedding photos looks gorgeous.

Stesha said...

that weddings looks beautiful! lovely weekend miss!

xx
Classic & Bubbly