the world was made to be free in

"you must learn one thing, 
the world was made to be free in.

give up all the other worlds
except the one to which you belong. 
sometimes it takes darkness
and the sweet confinement of your
aloneness to learn

anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive

is too small for you."
     from "Sweet Darkness" by David Whyte


believe it or not, writing in this blog is bringing me more alive.
coming on this adventure is bringing me more alive.
loving benny brings me more alive.
all of the plans and dreams that i have for our life are bringing me more alive.

one of my biggest fears is living a life that's dead before i am,
so here's to being part of something that's bigger than myself.

from here

-wildchild

2 comments:

AJD ∞ said...

I do love that poem. Thank you for posting it. :]

Madeline said...

AMEN, sista.